AICFB has successfully hosted World and Domestic championships:
- 1st Asian Chess Championship for the blind 2003, Mumbai
- 11th Individual world chess championship 2006, Goa
- 14th Chess Olympiad for the blind 2012, Chennai
- Indian medal winning performance at world championships
- 1998- Charudatta Jadhave stood second and Shirish Patil stood third in Irish international open chess championship for the blind,Island
- 2000- Madan Bagayatkar won Bronze medel (second board) in 11th chess Olympiad for the blind, Poland
- 2008-Shrikrishna Udupa won gold medel (forth board) in 13th chess Olympiad for the blind, Greece
- 2012- Kishan Gangolli won gold medel (second board) in 14th chess Olympiad for the blind, India
- 2013- Darpan Inani won Bronze medel in Junior world championship, Serbia
- In 2012, India stood 5th in 14th Chess Olympiad for the blind, india
Mr. Charudatta Jadhav has nominated as a ‘Vice President’ of International Braille Chess Association’, IBCA world apex body for chess for the blind in world, first and only Asian to get this recognition.
- Since 1998, AICFB has conducted 34 National championships (Men, Women, junior (under 19), School)
- 38 FIDE rating national open chess tournament
- 250+ domestic tournaments (zonals, States, national open,Invitation cup).
- Since 1999, every year, AICFB has conducted selection cycle Zonals…National B…. National A…. to declare ‘National Champion’ and select Indian team for world championship.
- AICFB produce 161 FIDE rated blind chess players till now, very few countries achieve this land mark.